Last Modified: June 26, 2018
The purpose of this Policy is (a) to disclose how the Company collects and uses information provided by persons who interact with the Website (“Visitors”) and who interact with The American Traveler Mobile App (the “App”), (b) what We do to protect that information from unauthorized use, and (c) the circumstances under which that information may be used or disclosed by Us.
Whether you are a nurse, physical therapist, allied professional, technologist, hospital client, or just browsing the Website, we will not disclose any of your personal information to third parties without your consent, except for under the circumstances outlined below.
This Policy applies to information gathered on this Website, and the App, and to communications between you and this Website and the App. This Policy does not apply to information that We collect through any other means, or to information collected on any other web site other than the Website and the App, including any affiliate or third-party site or by any third-party application that may link to or be accessible from the Website and/or the App.
Information We Collect About You
We collect several types of information from and about Visitors to our Website and/or users of the App, including:
- Information you provide to Us, known as “Personal Information,” described below;
- Information you provide when you download the App;
- Information about you and your means of accessing the Website and/or the App that does not individually identify you, including Usage Details described below, which We obtain as you access the Website and/or the App.
- Information We receive from third parties, including, but not limited to, our business partners and/or affiliates, and from third parties with your consent and authorization.
- Information you provide to the Website and/ or the App by populating the Employment Application provided by Us with the information requested or by uploading any documents.
Personal Information (i.e. Information You Provide to Us)
We may collect and use the following information that you provide to Us :
- Personal Information or Personally Identifiable Information is certain information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website or by uploading any documents via the App. This may include your first and last name, e-mail address, physical address, telephone number(s), social security number, employment status, employment history, information related to criminal arrest history, employment and academic history, certifications, credentials, and licensing information, information as described herein about a designated emergency contact person, along with other personal information about yourself (“Personal Information”). Personal Information is collected at the time of registering to use our Website and/or the App, and when you fill out the Employment Application provided on the Website and/or the App. We may also ask you for information when you visit the Website and/or the App and begin completing an Employment Application, and when you report a problem with our Website and/or the App.
- Records and copies of correspondence (including e-mail addresses), if you contact Us.
Usage Details, IP Addresses, Cookies and Other Technologies
As you use the Website, We may automatically collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns. The information We collect automatically helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling Us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing Us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to the Website
- Recognize you when you return to the App.
- Comply with lawful requests from third parties.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Cookies. We may obtain information about your general internet usage and/or smartphone usage by using cookies. A cookie is a small file passed from our Website and/or App to your computer or smart device that is stored on the hard drive of your computer or smart device. Cookies allow the Website and/or App to understand your use of the Website and/or App.
- Web Beacons. Our Website, App, and the emails We send may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also known as clear gifs or single pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email, and to gather other related Website Statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain Website and/or App content and verifying the integrity of systems and servers We operate).
- Usage Details and IP Addresses. We may also collect details of your visits to our Website and or the App, including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data, and the resources that you access, as well as frequency of visits, cookies, web beacons, information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type (collectively “Usage Details”). We aggregate those Usage Details (“Aggregated Data”) in a manner that does not allow for the identification of any specific individual Website Visitor. This Aggregated Data is used for system administration. Aggregated Data is statistical data about our users' equipment, browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual Website visitor and/or App user.
- Email data: We may receive information from you when you open emails sent by Us. If you do not want to receive email from Us, please use the information at the bottom of the email sent to you to unsubscribe and we will promptly remove you from our mailing lists.
Browser Do Not Track Signals
Although our Website currently does not have a mechanism to recognize the various web browser Do Not Track signals, We do offer our visitors choices to manage their preferences that are provided in this Policy. To learn more about browser tracking signals and Do Not Track please visit http://www.allaboutdnt.org/.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that We collect about you or that you provide to Us, including Personal Information, in the following ways:
- To present our Website and the App and its contents in a suitable and effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from Us.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts or agreements entered into between you and Us.
- To notify you about changes to our service(s), product(s), Website and/ or the App, including when updates are available.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- For internal record keeping.
- To improve our products, services, Website, and App.
- To send emails about new products, special offers or other information which We think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided to Us.
- To customize the Website and the App according to your interests.
- We will use Personal Information provided in your Employment Applications to attempt to locate employment opportunities which may fit your professional, academic, and employment experience. Information provided by you through the Website will be stored in a database maintained by the Company which is accessible to Company, including Recruiters who attempt to match You with opportunities for employment.
- Unless you expressly consent otherwise, your Personal Information will only be disclosed to Us, our affiliates, technical consultants and staff (including Recruiters), third party auditors and other third parties who facilitate the hosting and delivery of the Website and or App, to send emails for Us, and or provide you with products and services, and We agree to require them to agree to be bound to this Policy.
- Certain areas of the Website and the App require secure access in order to transfer personal information. Information populated into the Employment Agreement such as social security number, licensure, certifications, education and employment history require a secure login and password that Visitors set up and thereafter have full access to at any time. We encourage visitors to correct and update the information related to their accounts.
- We use the information We collect to contact clients to further discuss client interest in the Company, the services that We provide, and to send information regarding the Company or its partners, such as promotions or events. We may also email information regarding updates to the Website and the App, and send a monthly newsletter to Visitors. We will not disclose any Personal Information unless you authorize us to do so except where required to deliver a product or service ordered by you.
- In the event of merger, acquisition, or any form of sale of some or all of the Company’s assets, including any form of insolvency proceeding or bankruptcy, or as part of a corporate reorganization, stock sale, or change in control in which case Personal Information held by Us may be among the assets transferred to the buyer. In such a case, the Transferee or recipient of Personal Information will be bound to these terms.
- To enforce Our rights arising from any contracts or agreements entered into between you and Us, including the App EULA, and for billing and collection as may be necessary.
- We may also disclose your Personal Information with your express consent.
- We may also disclose your Personal Information to third parties to: comply with any (a) court order, or lawfully issued subpoena, (b) request from state, local, or federal law enforcement, (c) to investigate suspected fraud, harassment or other violation of law, (d) to investigate any violation of the Website’s and/or the App’s Policy, and other agreements between you and Us, (e) to investigate violations of the rights of third parties, (f) to investigate any suspected conduct which We deem improper or likely to cause harm to Us or any other visitor or person, including exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction, or (g) when we believe in good faith that such disclosure is necessary to identify, contact, or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to or interference with (either intentionally or unintentionally) the Company’s rights or property or the rights or property of others.
The Company uses Personal Information only for purposes specified noted herein or at the time you provide information. We will never sell, rent, or share your Personal Information provided to Us without your express consent.
If you would like to update or change any information you provided to US, you may do so using the Website.
If you do not want Us to use your information as detailed in this Policy, you may unsubscribe via the included instructions on how to unsubscribe from our mailing list found the emails, or by emailing us at email@example.com, with the subject line of the email you send stating “UNSUBSCRIBE”.
Links to Third-Party Websites
The Website and/or App may contain links to other websites or applications. The Company is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of these other websites or applications. Visitors to this Website and or users of the App will need to check the policy statement of these other websites or applications to understand their policies. Visitors who access a website or App linked to the Website and/or the App may be disclosing their private information to that other website or applications. While We strive to protect our visitors' personal information and privacy, We cannot guarantee the security and privacy of any information you disclose on at other websites or on other applications, and you do so at your own risk.
Use of the App
This Policy applies to all of your interaction with the App, including when you download, access, or use the App. The App does not access any data from any other applications on your mobile device, and does not collect or track any activity by the App user other than the activity undertaken by you on the App.
We collect information from the App, including information that you supply when you download and access the App and information that allows Us to track when and who uploaded a document using the App. This information may include information about your mobile device and your mobile device’s operating system, We use this information for internal optimization and operational purposes. We also collect information regarding user IP Addresses and user logins on the App.
All communication of data from the App to the Company is conducted via HTTPS which is a secure encrypted protocol, so no plain text information is transmitted by way of the App to the Company.
To use the App you must already be registered on the Website.
When you use the App or its content, certain third parties may use automatic information collection technologies to collect information about you or your device. These third parties may include:
- The Google Play Store and/or Apple iTunes Store
- Apple iTunes Connect
If you download the App from the Google Play store, Google Play Store will collect information regarding installs and uninstalls of the App (updated on a daily basis), App ratings (updated on a daily basis), and Application errors and crashes (updated on an hourly basis). For more information about the Google Play Store, please see https://play.google.com/store.
You may choose to share data with Apple iTunes Connect by opting in through the App. Data is collected only from App users who expressly agree to share information. This data collected includes information about the model of mobile device, the version of iOS used by the device, when the device actively used the app, and whether the device accessed the app’s App Store product page. This information is anonymized and aggregated with data from other users, and does not include Personal Information.
For more information about Apple iTunes Connect, please see: https://itunesconnect.apple.com/downloads/Documentation/iTunes_Connect_App_Analytics_Guide_v1.pdf
These third parties may use tracking technologies to collect information about you when you use the App. The information they collect may be associated with your Personal Information that they maintain, or they may collect information, including Personal Information, about your online activities over time and across different websites, apps and other online services websites. They may use this information to provide you with interest-based (behavioral) advertising or other targeted content. We do not control these third parties' tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We have implemented commercially reasonable measures designed to secure your Personal Information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where We have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website and or the App, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. You should not share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Website like message boards. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by anyone, and may allow anyone to have access to your Personal Information. If you believe your password has been compromised or stolen, you should reset the password on the Website and the App immediately and review your personal and financial records for any incorrect charges or evidence of compromised identity.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet or via mobile device carrier is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your Personal Information, we cannot warrant or guarantee the security of your Personal Information transmitted to the Website and the App. Any transmission of information, including Personal Information by you to Us is at your own risk.
Although we have implemented commercially reasonable measures to prevent unauthorized access to the Website and the App, and to control access to Personal Information, the Company will not be liable for actual damages, consequential damages, or special damages due to unauthorized disclosures of Personal Information due to errors in transmission or unauthorized acts of third parties.
IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THIS WAIVER OF RIGHT TO PURSUE AN AWARD OF DAMAGES AGAINST THE COMPANY, YOU MAY NOT ACCESS OR OTHERWISE USE THIS WEBSITE AND OR THE APP. YOUR CONTINUED USE OF THIS WEBSITE AND OR THE APP INDICATES YOUR ASSENT TO THIS WAIVER.
Visitors to the Website may opt-out of being contacted by the Company at any time by sending an email to email@example.com, with the subject line “OPT OUT.”
Children Under the Age of 13
Our Website and App are not intended for persons under 13 years of age. If you are under the age of 13 you are not authorized to use the Website or the App. No person under age 13 may provide any Personal Information to or on the Website or the App. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from persons under 13. If you are under 13, please do not register on the Website or the App or send any information about yourself to Us, including your name, address, telephone number or e-mail address. In the event that We learn that We have collected Personal Information from a person under age 13 without verification of parental consent, We will use all reasonable efforts to remove Personal Information related to persons under 13 from our database. If you believe that We might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact Us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This Website, the App, and the Company’s offers, products and services are only available to persons over the age of 18. If you are under 18, you may use the Website, the App, and the Company’s offers, products, and services only with the actual involvement and consent of a parent or guardian.
Consent to import and store information in the United States of America
This Website and the App are maintained and operated in the United States of America and intended only for United States and Canadian visitors. This Website and the App are not intended for users located within the European Economic Area. Please be aware that your personal information may be transferred to and maintained on servers or databases located outside your state, province or country and that such information is processed and stored in the United States. By using the Website and/or the App, you authorize the processing and storage of your Personal Information in the United States.
Your acceptance of these terms:
This Policy may change from time to time, and your continued use of the Website and/or App is deemed to be acceptance of such changes, so please check this Policy periodically for updates. It is our policy to post any changes we make to our Policy on this page, and to conspicuously notify you of our changes on the Website.
If you have questions regarding this Policy, please contact Us at:
American Traveler Staffing Professionals
1615 South Federal Highway, Suite 300
Boca Raton, FL 33432
The effective date of this Policy is September 14, 2006. This Policy was last revised on the date noted at the top of this page.