Position Highlights $$
Specialty: Speech Therapist
Metro Area: Champaign-Urbana IL
Job ID: P-86981
Shift: Days 8 - 40 Weekly Hrs.
Length: 13 Weeks
Est. Gross Weekly Pay*: $2819
Start Date: ASAP
Facility Setting: Hospital
American Traveler Allied has an opening for a contract SLP in Illinois. This assignment puts you in the Champaign-Urbana IL area. Enjoy the increased pay and new experiences that come with traveling to locations like Urbana, along with our full benefits package and top-rated customer service.
The 300+ bed regional care hospital has achieved Magnet designation, the nations highest honor for nursing care. It offers a more advanced level of clinical expertise and technology than any area hospital, housing the area's only Level I Trauma Center as well as Level III perinatal services. Location Info:
Illinois is top midwestern destination for allied healthcare practitioners, host to many advanced practice centers. Career enhancing employment options abound here.
Speech Therapy Job Responsibilities
Speech-language pathologists work to prevent, identify, and overcome various speech, language, communication, and swallowing disorders or challenges.
- Certified speech-language pathologists may be required to hold an American Heart Association BLS depending on their state of practice and healthcare employer.
- Many certified SLPs choose to specialize informally, meaning that they focus on one component of speech, language, or swallowing, on a specific age group, or on a specific patient group. For example, an SLP may mainly assist individuals with speech disfluency, work exclusively with geriatric patients, or focus on post-surgical patients.
- Some speech-language pathologists, however, choose to pursue formal specialization through the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA).
- An SLP may only apply for specialization after obtaining his or her national certification, the Certificate of Clinical Competence in Speech-Language Pathology (CCC-SLP), and meeting the requisite experience. At this point they can apply to become a Board Certified Specialist (BCS) in one of the following areas:
- American Board of Child Language and Language Disorders American Board of Fluency and Fluency Disorders
- American Board of Swallowing and Swallowing Disorders
- American Audiology Board of Intraoperative Monitoring
*- fast start $$ - above average pay in this specialty
Date Posted: 2023-09-18