Position Highlights $$
Specialty: Occupational Therapist
City: San Antonio
Metro Area: San Antonio-New Braunfels TX
Job ID: 999936
Shift: Day 8 - 40 Weekly Hrs.
Length: 13 Weeks
Est. Gross Weekly Pay*: $1954
Start Date: ASAP
Facility Setting: Hospital
American Traveler Allied has an opening for a contract OT in Texas. This assignment puts you in the San Antonio-New Braunfels TX area. Enjoy the increased pay and new experiences that come with traveling to locations like San Antonio, along with our full benefits package and top-rated customer service.
This is an over 500 bed Magnet Hospital facility with Level I Trauma Center Level I Pediatric Trauma center and teaching. Location Info:
Traveling alllied healthcare jobs in Texas are in top-ranked locations across the state, from San Antonio to Dallas, Houston,and Galveston
Occupational Therapy Job Responsibilities
An occupational therapist is an allied professional who helps individuals improve motor and cognitive functions, thereby increasing their independence and ability to function within the home, school, workplace, or community.
- Occupational therapists are often required to hold an American Heart Association BLS. They may also obtain an AHA ACLS or PALS depending on specialization.
- Many occupational therapists choose not to specialize or specialize informally, meaning that they frequently care for patients of a specific age or case type but do not hold formal certification of this specialization. Those who do choose to pursue formal certification can do so through The American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA), which offers these nine specializations:
- Board Certification in Gerontology (BCG)
- Board Certification in Mental Health (BCMH)
- Board Certification in Pediatrics (BCP)
- Board Certification in Rehabilitation (BCPR)
- Specialty Certification in Driving and Community Mobility (SCDCM)
- Specialty Certification in Environmental Modification (SCEM)
- Specialty Certification in Feeding, Eating, and Swallowing (SCFES)
- Specialty Certification in Low Vision (SCLV)
- Specialty Certification in School Systems (SCSS)
*- fast start $$ - above average pay in this specialty
Date Posted: 2022-12-14