Position Highlights $$
Specialty: Occupational Therapist
Metro Area: Boston MA
Job ID: 941981
Shift: Days 8 - 40 Weekly Hrs.
Length: 24 Weeks
Est. Gross Weekly Pay*: $1785
Start Date: 2022-12-05
Facility Setting: Hospital
American Traveler Allied has an opening for a contract OT in Massachusetts. This assignment puts you in the Boston MA area. Enjoy the increased pay and new experiences that come with traveling to locations like Boston, along with our full benefits package and top-rated customer service.
This medical center is a non-profit academic facility located in Boston, Mass. It is the largest safety-net hospital and Level I trauma center in New England. The facility and its affiliated university medical school have been the home base for groundbreaking medical research, particularly in the field of heart disease. With over 500 beds, the hospital offers a full range of services, including many extending beyond traditional medical procedures. With its long history of serving the community, this hospital is dedicated to serving vulnerable populations. Location Info:
Indulge your love of history and walking tours at the same time in many of this state's cities and towns.
Occupational Therapy Job Responsibilities
An occupational therapist is an allied professional who helps individuals improve motor and cognitive functions, thereby increasing their independence and ability to function within the home, school, workplace, or community.
- Occupational therapists are often required to hold an American Heart Association BLS. They may also obtain an AHA ACLS or PALS depending on specialization.
- Many occupational therapists choose not to specialize or specialize informally, meaning that they frequently care for patients of a specific age or case type but do not hold formal certification of this specialization. Those who do choose to pursue formal certification can do so through The American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA), which offers these nine specializations:
- Board Certification in Gerontology (BCG)
- Board Certification in Mental Health (BCMH)
- Board Certification in Pediatrics (BCP)
- Board Certification in Rehabilitation (BCPR)
- Specialty Certification in Driving and Community Mobility (SCDCM)
- Specialty Certification in Environmental Modification (SCEM)
- Specialty Certification in Feeding, Eating, and Swallowing (SCFES)
- Specialty Certification in Low Vision (SCLV)
- Specialty Certification in School Systems (SCSS)
*- fast start $$ - above average pay in this specialty
Date Posted: 2022-09-11