Position Highlights $$
Specialty: Occupational Therapist
Metro Area: Miami-Fort Lauderdale FL
Job ID: 955315
Shift: Days 12 - 36 Weekly Hrs.
Length: 13 Weeks
Est. Gross Weekly Pay*: $1610
Start Date: ASAP
Facility Setting: Hospital
American Traveler Allied has an opening for a contract OT in Florida. This assignment puts you in the Miami-Fort Lauderdale FL area. Enjoy the increased pay and new experiences that come with traveling to locations like Aventura, along with our full benefits package and top-rated customer service.
This Medical Center is a 400-plus bed, acute medical/surgical facility, providing award-winning quality care and services including inpatient and outpatient diagnostic and surgical services to the South Florida community. The primary hospital in its locality, this medical center is located between Miami and Fort Lauderdale. Location Info:
Virtually every city and town in Florida has a chic and funky boulevard where allied travelers enjoy fabulous dining, window shopping, and people watching.
Occupational Therapy Job Responsibilities
An occupational therapist is an allied professional who helps individuals improve motor and cognitive functions, thereby increasing their independence and ability to function within the home, school, workplace, or community.
- Occupational therapists are often required to hold an American Heart Association BLS. They may also obtain an AHA ACLS or PALS depending on specialization.
- Many occupational therapists choose not to specialize or specialize informally, meaning that they frequently care for patients of a specific age or case type but do not hold formal certification of this specialization. Those who do choose to pursue formal certification can do so through The American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA), which offers these nine specializations:
- Board Certification in Gerontology (BCG)
- Board Certification in Mental Health (BCMH)
- Board Certification in Pediatrics (BCP)
- Board Certification in Rehabilitation (BCPR)
- Specialty Certification in Driving and Community Mobility (SCDCM)
- Specialty Certification in Environmental Modification (SCEM)
- Specialty Certification in Feeding, Eating, and Swallowing (SCFES)
- Specialty Certification in Low Vision (SCLV)
- Specialty Certification in School Systems (SCSS)
*- fast start $$ - above average pay in this specialty
Date Posted: 2022-12-27